Entry-Level Survey Field Technician
Glenwood Telephone Company is seeking a Survey Field Technician I – Entry Level for our Glenwood, GA office. The position involves collecting survey data for property boundaries, right of ways, GIS mapping, utility locations, and highway features with a survey field party. Also keeping up cable records, equipment records, Construction experience is a plus, and the ability to assist the construction team at times is also a must. Applicant must be an extremely well-organized and self-motivated individual who wants to grow with a third-generation family-owned company.
- Perform various survey-related tasks
- Maintain survey equipment and vehicle
- Take accurate measurements and maintain field notes
- Learn how to use GIS Mapping, Staking Sheets, Cable Records, color codes, and USDA/RUS specs as well as standard hand tools for field surveying tasks.
- Collecting survey data in the rights of way, along highways, transmission corridors, stream valleys, and residential areas.
- Driving to and from job sites (if needed)
- No experience is required in the land surveying industry
- Must be extremely well organized and show the ability to accurately create and maintain immaculate recordkeeping
- Proficient with Computers
- Ability to learn and assist in the construction process as needed
- Submit and get GDoT permits approved
- Perform and Call in 811 locates in a timely and correct manner
- Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions include cold, heat, and rain
- Possess physical ability to work on your feet for 8+ hours a day and lift survey equipment, open manhole covers, and get dirty from time to time
- Learn copper & fiber color codes
- Clean driving record
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Read, write, and understand plans and directions given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents along with creating emails. Familiarity with AutoCAD and Google Earth is a plus.
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variety of elevations (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to wear GPI required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, and/or safety glasses/goggles while working
- Able to move equipment or inspection specimens weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able to work around Heavy Machinery.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
GTC offers excellent benefits, including paid medical/dental/vision, SEP IRA, vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GTC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply simply submit your resume to glenwoodtelephone[at]gmail[dot]com to start the process.